WELDERS QUALIFICATION & CERTIFICATION
Energy projects and metal constructions require fully trained and highly level staff.
The Welding Greek Institute adapts these requirements and organizes: special courses for the following 7 Major Qualification Tests for all the welding activities:
- Certified Welder according EN 14732 - (CW14732/XXX)
- Certified Welder according ISO 9606 - (CW9606/XXX)
- Certified Welder according ISO 13585 - (CW13585/XXX)
- Certified Welder according ISO 15618 - (CW15618/XXX)
- Certified Welder according EN 13067 - (CW13067/XXX)
- Certified Welder according AWS - (CW-AWS/XXX)
- Certified Welder according ASME Section IX, article 3 - (CW-ASMEIX/XXX)
Certified Welder according EN 14732 - (CW14732/XXX)
Qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters for mechanized and automatic welding of metallic materials
- ISO 14732:2013 specifies requirements for qualification of welding operators and also weld setters for mechanized and automatic welding
- ISO 14732:2013 does not apply to personnel exclusively performing loading or unloading of the automatic welding unit
- ISO 14732:2013 is applicable when qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters is required by the contract or by the application standard.
Certified Welder according ISO 9606 - (CW9606/XXX)
Qualification testing of welders -- Fusion welding
ISO 9606-1:2012 specifies the requirements for qualification testing of welders for fusion welding of steels.
It provides a set of technical rules for a systematic qualification test of the welder, and enables such qualifications to be uniformly accepted independently of the type of product, location and examiner or examining body.
When qualifying welders, the emphasis is placed on the welder's ability manually to manipulate the electrode, welding torch or welding blowpipe, thereby producing a weld of acceptable quality.
The welding processes referred to in ISO 9606-1:2012 include those fusion-welding processes which are designated as manual or partly mechanized welding.
Certified Welder according ISO 13585 - (CW13585/XXX)
Qualification test of brazers and brazing operators
ISO 13585:2012 specifies basic requirements for the qualification testing of brazers and brazing operators providing conditions for brazing, testing, examination, acceptance criteria and range of qualification for certificates.
- brazer ability to by hand manipulate the device for heating following a specification to reproduce a braze joint with acceptable quality”
- operator ability to follow a specification to reproduce a braze joint with acceptable quality”
Certified Welder according ISO 15618 - (CW15618/XXX)
Qualification testing of welders for underwater welding
This standard applies to welding processes where the skill of the diver-welder or welding operator has a significant influence on weld quality.This standard specifies essential requirements, ranges of approval, test conditions, acceptance requirements and certification for the approval testing of diver-welder or welding operator performance for the welding of steels underwater in a hyperbaric dry environment.
Certified Welder according EN 13067 - (CW13067/XXX)
Qualification testing of welders. Thermoplastics welded assemblies
The standard specifies the method for assessing the knowledge and skills of a welder who is required to weld thermoplastic materials in new construction and repairs.
The distribution companies, gas and water with qualification programs alternative are excluded from this rule.
The standard applies to the following welding processes:
- Hot gas welding: nozzle with round, high-speed nozzle, with the wedge;
- Extrusion welding;
- Welding tool hot: head to head, saddle, glass, wedge;
- Electrofusion welding: glass, saddle;
- Chemical welding (bonding): glass.
The standard applies to the welding of the following products:
- Membrane coating.
Certified Welder according AWS - (CW-AWS/XXX)
AWS Performance Qualification Test
This Supplement to the AWS QC7-93, Standard for AWS Certified Welders, provides a welder certification method not specifically based on a code but which may be acceptable for various codes. The rules for performance qualification are as defined by the applicable specification referenced in the WPS or as defined by the employer in the WPS or accompanying documentation (acceptance criteria).
The administrative rules for the American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welder Program are provided in AWS QC7-93. Test facilities participate in the program are required to meet the provisions of AWS QC4, Standard for Accreditation of Test Facilities for AWS Certified Welder Program.
Neither AWS QC7-93, nor this supplement prevents or supersedes a manufacturer or contractor from continuing to qualify welders in accordance with other standards or procedures. Manufacturers or contractors may impose. Supplementary requirements to this standard as deemed necessary.
Certified Welder according ASME Section IX, article 3 - (CW-ASMEIX/XXX)
Welding Performance Qualifications QW-300
Article III covers the preparation of WPQ records. Each welding process is listed separately in QW-350 with the essential variables for welding performance. The WPQ form must record a value for each essential variable used and must list a range qualified for each of these essential variables.
Article III covers responsibility, type of tests, records, welder identification, positions, diameters, expiration and renewal of qualifications. Welders and Welding Operators may be qualified by visual and mechanical tests, or by radiography of a test coupon, or by radiography of the initial production weld.