Dear visitors and members of the Institute,
The «Business NETWORKING» Section of the Welding Greek Institute website, aims to satisfy the request of dozens of members and professionals within the art of welding, for information exchange and interconnect enterprises to extraversion entrepreneurship sector metal construction.
The Greek Welding Institute, aspires to fulfill a key role in this evolution, and form the connective tissue of the information which today may be critical for the development of the sustainability of a company.
Many Companies Operation's Standards requires qualifications for welding related personnel, and the Welding Greek Institute is placed in the Center of the Welding Community.
On the other hand, the networking of individuals and professionals, aims to identify skilled labor, as an important contribution on society, the National economy and Market Development.
The ability to provide information and recommend specific individuals to work in companies industry in Greece and abroad, is very important for both the Companies themselves and for Executives looking for an occupational position.
Official News Letter
The Welding Greek Institute [WGI] in cooperation with Moisiadis Publications issues the News Letter, related to activities, services and actions by the WGI for the Greek and Cyprus market.
The "Cutting / Formatting / Welding" magazine, represent the unique publication for Greece and Cyprus related to Metal Elaboration methods.
WGI Library and Technical Standards Data Base
The Greek Institute of Welding maintains records of:
- National and International Standards,
- Technical Instructions and guidance,
- Specialised International Standards related to welding.
- IAB / IIW / EWF related Standards and Guidlines.
The availability of such documentation is solely for our members, in the following ways, depending on the rights that Welding Greek Institute has allocated to each one of them.
- PDF Electronic format, without the possibility of downloading & printing (only electronic view on the monitor)
- PDF Electronic format, with the possibility of downloading but not printing
- PDF Electronic format, Fully downloading & printing rights
Dear Friends, Members and Colleagues,
The Greek Institute of Welding is a Non-profit Organization, and its Revenues as well as Cost Covering Balance Schemes, are mainly determined by the:
- Contributions Membership and ATB's Contribution Fees, to cover:
- Annual IIW and EWF memberships,
- Accreditation Fees to Accreditation Organisations,
- Accreditation Fees to IIW and EWF, for the ANB Audit & Authorisation process,
- ATB's audit & authorisation process Fees,
- Basic operational costs, such as secretary support, power, office rent, communications, consumables, etc..
- Representation of the Welding Greek Institute in International Assemblies and Technical Meetings,
- Promotional and Marketing costs related to the Identity of the ANB.
- Examination Fees, to cover the Examination Expenses, Examiners Fees, Transportation expenses, Examination Centers expenses, test coupons preparation and maintenance, Administrative costs related to the Examination Venues, Exams Software Data Base creation and maintenance, Accounting expenses for invoicing of services, Diplomas Issue and Delivery, Diplomas Fees to the IIW / EWF Organizations, etc..
- Certification Fees of personnel, who request Accredited International recognition through Professional Certification Schemes. This Categoty of Income, covers the Certification Commitees meetings and venues expenses, Certifyiers labor costs, the cost of Stamps to deliver, the Administrative costs related to the Certification Process, Register Data Base creation and maintenance, Accounting expenses for certification services, Certificates Issue and Delivery, Yearly Accreditation Fees to the Accreditation Body [ESYD], etc..
- Training Fees, by the Training Excellence Center [TEC] activities, covering the Trainers costs, Material Development and Reproduction costs, Distance Learning platform design, development and maintenance costs, facilities use, practical training costs, training coupons construction and maintenance, accounting expenses for invoicing and collection om income, administrative expenses related to the training promotion and organization, etc..
Every of the above Categories of INCOME, covers the balance of the specific EXPENSES for each related activity. Total Balance should be ZERO (0), as the global activity is defined NON PROFIT.
The Annual Membership fees for every kind of Member (Physical Person & Legal Entity) are 100 euro, and once apply, the WGI will approve the application in order to become a Full Member with all privileges as mentioned bellow.
Members of the Greek Welding Institute have, inter alia, institutional role.
Members Elects, every two years, the Director General of the Institute and his alternate, with significant responsibilities in Management of the Institute, Training activities, and its representation in international organisations that all types of technical issues.
When an individual or organisation acquires the status of «Member», then it becomes receiver of a series of privileges, which are as follows:
PRIVILEGES OF THE WELDING GREEK INSTITUTE MEMBERS
- Obtaining the specific professional identity recognition (WGI ID), in which there are information of qualifications & professional skills in welding.
- Privileged access to a network of contracted companies for a range of services and products in the field of welding.
- Accessing technical data bases for regulations, standards, guidelines and working standards, at National and International level through the web application.
- Participation in international working groups and special interest Forum with technological and commercial extensions.
- Receipt free issues per year (Hard Copies or e-copies) of Welding Greek institute Bulletin.
- Significant Discount off all Examination and Certification rates, of the Greek Institute of Welding services.
- Free Entry to National Welding Conferences, with Honorary Invitation.
- Free Entry in the Cultural Events of the Welding Greek Institute, with Honorary Invitation, for a "close number" of participants.
APPLICATION MEMBERSHIP TYPES
- Membership Application Physical Person
- Membership Application Legal Entity