Conditions for participations in Exams
People interested to participate in the Examinations, should satisfy the following 2 criteria:
- Satisfy Approved Access Conditions requirements for Greece.
- Present a declaration from the Approved ATB's, that the candidate has fulfil the 90% of the total training hours for the specific module he/she is interesting to participate to the Exams.
Application for examination
To participate in the exam of Welding Engineering or Welding Technology or Welding Specialist, required completing informative letter/form and send this to the Welding Greek Institute (WGI).
For more information regarding Examinations Application, please click HERE
Supporting documents for Participation in Examinations
Participation in the exam for obtaining a diploma of Welding Engineer or Welding Technologist (IWE or IWT), requires the submission of certain documents in the Welding Greek Institute (WGI) in order to complete the dossier of each examinees in accordance with the conditions of approval procedures by Welding Greek Institute (WGI).
For more information, click HERE
Examinations fees - IWE/IWT/IWS candidates
The Welding Greek Institute is a nonprofit Organisation, and the basics of revenue resulting from the participation of candidates in the exam and the membership fees of this.
For all training Programs announced after the 01 October 2016, the Examination Fees are modified, and no additional charges are applied for candidates which asking for two (2) consequential re-examinations. Maximum number of Examinations for each module, without additional charging: three (3).
For more information, click HERE
Implementation of Written & Oral Exam - ΕΧΑΜΙΝΑΤΙΟΝ REGULATION / ΚΑΝΟΝΙΣΜΟΣ ΕΞΕΤΑΣΕΩΝ
The examinations carried out under specific conditions, which are part of the Management System approved by Welding Greek Institute (WGI) and IIW / EWF IAB Committees.
For written exams, candidates has to respect the following Examination Safety issues:
- MOBILE PHONES AND OTHER MOBILE EQUIPMENT are not allowed. Invigilators should ensure that all participants should left all mobile equipment out of the examination venue place. Invigilators are allowed to execute personal checks in order to avoid any inconvenience.
- HACKING or PENETRATION Practices by participants themselves or related persons, against Examination Data Base and related Examination Applications safety, are also expressly prohibited.
- Participants which will try to avoid such restrictions regarding MOBILE PHONES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT use or HACKING / PENETRATION methods, under the WGI Chief Executive decision, will have a penalty from 1 to 2 years exclusion from the Examination Venue, and maybe subject to criminal prosecution.
Since 07 December 2017, the Welding Greek Institute has reviewed the Examination Regulation, and updated according the directions of the IIW/EWF International Organisations. The new Examination Regulation is obligatory for all candidates, participating in exams, starting from 08 December 2017.
For more information on the Regulation Exams implementation process, click HERE
Authorized Examination Centers:
HALL “Panagiotis Dimitrakelos”
Trapezountos & Digeni Akrita str.
192 00 ELEFSINA - Building of SWISS APPROVAL TECHNISCHE BEWERTUNG
2. KOZANI - NORTH GREECE
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN MACEDONIA, Department of Mechanical Engineering
HALL No: 3104
50100, CAMPUS KOILA KOZANIS